Borefts Beer Festival (Part 2)
After one week is time to resume and now is time to summarize what the festival was like and why I think that you should go at least one time in your life. Located in Bodegraven, small town in the South of Netherlands, is a good excuse to go with your family. I haven’t gone any past editions, so my experience is related with this 2016. They limited the tickets on sale, probably caused by the amount of people that come last years.
Good location not too far away from the Railway Station. The De Molen Brewery is an awesome place, spacious and interesting when you can drink in the middle of the barrel aged room, that actually is quite impressive when you can see when it was aged, dates, batches, etc. The festival was mainly divided into two areas: De Molen Brewery and the De Molen Caffe. At De Molen Brewery, you had almost all the breweries of the festival, including an outside area that you can enjoy is the weather is ok. This year, the weather was awesome so we could enjoy outside.
The entrance was ok. No more than 5 min waiting. Depending on the brewery, you had to make some queue. For example, Omnipollo, De Molen, Bakunin Brewing, etc. In general was alright and I could taste all that I wanted except some of Alvinne that were completely sold out. Amazing!
15cl glass. The perfect glass if you to taste all the beers as you can.
That is probably on of the best thing of the festival. The ticket for whole Saturday was 25€ with 10 tokens. One token is one beer and it costs 2€. Every single beer doesn’t matter if it is a barrel aged, the last IPA trending or whatever, costs one token.
I didn’t check the food at the festival but I could see several places with local cheese, fries or a real burger with 220 grams of pure and quality beef, from a local farmer and butcher, topped with bacon, 2 slices of quality cheddar, mushroom, onion, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, homemade bbq sauce, all freshly prepared by the chef, and served with fries for 6 tokens (12 €)
The Beer tasted
- Brasserie Thiriez – Etoile du Nord
- Cascade Brewing Company – Elderberry
- Alus Darbnīca Labietis – PŪDELE
- Cigar City Brewing – Maduro Brown Ale
- Cigar City Brewing – Hunahpu’s Imperial Stout
- Cigar City Brewing – Continental Drift
- Bakunin Brewing – Amphiprion
- Gänstaller Bräu – Andreator
- Birra del Borgo – Hoppy Cat
- Omnipollo – Hypnopompa
- Sahtipaja – Almost Same But More
- Cigar City Brewing – Jai Alai
- Oedipus Brewing – Gaia
- Brouwerij Kees – Top of the morning
- Gänstaller Bräu – Schwarze 90
- Cervesa La Pirata – LAB Nº003 Hoppy Lager
- Närke Kulturbryggeri – Tanngnjost & Tanngrisnir
- Dry & Bitter Brewing Company – Under the radar
- Dry & Bitter Brewing Company – D.T.F.
- Alus Darbnīca Labietis – Akmeņrags
- Cascade Brewing Company – Figaro
Was it worth it?
Absolutely YES. Price, location, breweries. Everything! I personally think that Borefts if probably on of the best beer festivals that I have been. Looking forward to going next year!